A part of Sanbornton until 1869 this town was known as Sanbornton Bridge and Bridge Village. It was incorporated as Tilton in honor of Nathaniel Tilton, whose grandson Charles was a prominent citizen of the town. Nathaniel established an Iron Foundry and the areas first Hotel "The Dexter House" Charles donated many statues to the town including the Tilton Arch and his estate is now part of the Tilton School. Tilton includes the village of Lochmere.
Click here for more information on Tilton, New Hampshire